In bed with science/ In bed met wetenschap
- To sensitize young people on the importance of science and on the social services that can be a result of scientific research.
- To improve knowledge and to raise public opinion on sexuality and sexuality education for young people here and in the South.
- An educational video on research in Kenya and Nicaragua in which young people explain how to do research on sexual and reproductive health. Some research interventions - conducted by adolescents - such as workshops on sexual and gender based violence in Nicaragua and elements of the work of peer educators in Kenya are shown. Also selected social services, which are results of former research projects are displayed.
- An educational package (2*50min) for teachers (3rd grade secondary school) which enables them to guide discussions on (the importance of) science and on the social services that can be a result of scientific research. The package also includes questions and answers on (the importance of research on) sexuality and sexuality education here and in the South. The educational package is based on topics mentioned in the educational video. The package and video are complementary and are developed to be used together.
- Notes for the students: questions and answers on (the importance of research on) sexuality and sexuality education here and in the South.
The video can be watched here: http://www.icrh.ugent.be/InBedWithScienceYoutube.mp4.
The video, the educational package and the notes for students can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gu6ibglpl1i62y4/Dk3f0tRBoP.
University Ghent, Vlaanderen in Actie, Richting morgen
European Commission – CERCA project